Power Plant Project
- The Williamson Free School of the Mechanical Trades is a campus of education and residential buildings totaling 325,000 square feet. The hands-on education program provides valuable practical experience in the operation and maintenance of major industrial power grade equipment and systems.
- The new Central Utility Plant serves as both the central boiler plant for the campus and the heart of the Plant Operators Academic Program. The students will manpower for each operating shift which includes monitoring instrumentation, start-up and shut down of the equipment, daily water treatment tests, and mechanical and electrical maintenance.
- The new dual fuel boilers and state of the art control systems will provide a peak steam capacity of 28,000 pounds per hour.
- PWI has helped to the school with integrated and engineered “fund raising” efforts specific to the power house.
- The design of the plant has incorporated and maintained the architectural style, texture and integrity of Frank Furness, who was commissioned to design the campus in the late 1800s.